Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A New Path and Planning Ahead...This is Big

I took a walk this morning.  I could have taken some more photos or a sketchbook or any number of things with me but a good old-fashioned walk was perfect.  Gotta love my Iphone aps.  I clocked myself for just over two miles at 3.2 mph.  So it was an amble more than a walk...I did take a detour or two and made plans to come back to the woods with boots, jeans, deet and sunscreen to explore.  (I'm big on preparation.  I'm not taking a snakebite kit but I will have my phone:)  I'm also bringing a pocket kit of paints.  There are TONS of subjects.  It rained for the second evening in a row so there are more wildflowers than usual blooming right now and the hills will get jungly soon.  

I'm also having a great time getting ready for my new classes.  Intro to Yupo starts tomorrow.  I don't expect a big response right away but I'm on the calendar now.  My design class on setting up a creative space is going to be wonderful.  I did a little bit of research at Barnes and Noble and plan on delving into my design library for ideas.  I'd like to get photos of some friends' studios as well.  It may take a while to get everything I envision together for this first class but it's going to be great.  

Like a spring garden I feel nurtured and ready for growth.  Expect great things!  


2 comments:

  1. Those woods really do look like fertile ground for exploring, hiking AND painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh there's more... Almost every tun has something new and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete