Thursday, August 21, 2014

Road Trip! or My Children's Backs


The car will have the Habitent on the back and be 
wrappedlike this:  to protect it from marmots.
As I prep for the first road trip I've had in way too long, it's been fun to think about some history. Time is rather plastic.  It compresses and expands depending on what I'm thinking about.  Not unlike what happens when I meditate, my mind darts around looking at different experiences before focusing. Since one of my favorite indulgences is to allow my mind to wander before I focus here goes....

Growing up I moved around. I went to ten different schools vs. the four most people attend before going to college.  I have no idea how many miles my family of six logged as we traveled the southern perimiter of the country (VA-FL-CA) and went up the middle (TX-OK-KA-MO-NE-IA-MN) but I got good at entertaining myself, keeping arguments to a minimum, being prepared or suffering the consequences....
Raising my own children they somehow became incredible adventurers. I have no idea (seriously) where it came from.  I like a good road trip but they are professionals.

Andy King: Andy's Adventures
Laura King: Adventures in My Shoes Travel Video
Nothing is particularly easy in life for anyone; security is an illusion and being commited to a life of magic is worth the blood, sweat and tears.  Being financially solvent and wisely managing personal resources is critical, but making good choices and living simply (and well) make adventure possible.  Be sure to check out Laura's video & blog and Andy's blog for some intense inspiration.  They show me what's possible and I adore spending time with them.  We're going on a road trip next week which is incredibly tame by their standards but that's not the point...  I'm ready for glamping with my Habitent and paint and am now  scouring the internet for tips on avoiding marauding bears and car eating marmots (really!) I'm not sure how the hiking will work out but we're a good team and I like to stop and paint the flowers so it should work out fine.



No idea where it came from;)

No comments:

Post a Comment