Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday At Pete's




Sunday mornings I have a little routine that I enjoy.  Some weeks I start at the gym and take a nice hot shower afterwards.  Other days I'll head to the beach in Ventura.  Either way I end up at the counter at Pete's Breakfast House on Main Street.  

The place has an atmosphere somewhat like the bar on the tv show Cheers except it's for breakfast.  As a creative I enjoy the clientele.  Artists, musicians, surfers, web masters, business people, etc. end up here.  It can make for some interesting conversation.    
On slow days I'll hang out for the counter for a little while and since I enjoy sketching people I took a go at it.  It often takes a few trys but I usually manage to get a sense of a person in these little gesture drawings.  If you make it to Pete's sometime just ask them to show you the sketch Mary-Gail did of Z and they'll proudly point this out to you.  (This way I can feel good because they'll tell me some random customer came in name-dropping me!)  
This kind of ritual clears my head.  That and a drive up the PCH where I scoped out the Santa Barbara Art Walk and visited with my friend Steve Richardson for a while made for a great way to recharge for the week.

1 comment: