Monday, October 17, 2011

Just a quick update

The romantic site of my latest oil
I've been up to several things and going at warp speed but thought I'd slow down for a second to update here.  I did a workshop for Studio Channel Islands Art Center last week which was written up in our local paper.   Ventura County Star Article on Gifted Students program.

I'm also continuing my work in oil still life in the studio.  Carol Henry, a fellow artist in residence at SCIART, had this set up in her studio last week.  I enjoyed every minute of painting that afternoon.

In my work I like to pretty much evenly split my time between teaching and painting.  I can't imagine letting go of either one.  The continuous cycle of creating and sharing works so well for me. I love confirmation that I've chosen the right path for myself and my career.  Here's to many more years!


The warm glow (sweat!) is from painting on a hot afternoon.
It translated well into the colors of my palette!

1 comment:

  1. --Just now showing these to my nine year old - she loves your interpretation of your subject!

    ReplyDelete