Monday, October 31, 2011

Morro Bay, Tiny Sketches

It's so important to keep the inspiration coming as an artist. Travel and painting outdoors keep me going.  I'm sure my Channel Islands friends understand. I continued my kayak painting tradition and did these on my trip to Morro Bay.


Dunes in Morro Bay


Dorian Hiking Back from The Rock

I had my sketch box in a baggie complete with Sharpie and brush.  When I got my trusty pad of paper out I realized I had some practice sketches on the front of the postcards.  I had to flip them over and used only 1/2 of the back due to all the pre-printed info there.  These are really tiny (apx 3"x4")and actually quite charming.  The little set will look nice framed together.  
The Rock

Morro Bay Sea Lions

The Big Guy (He didn't have the smile; that was a wild mark of the pen I managed to include in the composition:)

Thanks for the ride and the very special birthday Dorian!

1 comment: