Thursday, September 4, 2014

Day 4- Playing with Photoshop....

Day 4, Sunflower Chain, digital file
As a painter I know the rudimentaries of Photoshop.  Basically I can follow directions to submit photos of my original work for competitions and I can edit photos to appear as close to the originals as possible.  

As a member of a large enclave of independent studio artists I work side by side with artists of most disciplines in the field of fine art.  I have learned SOOOO much from the fine art photographers.  Carol Henry of Carmel Visual Arts, Candace Biggerstaff of Biggerstaff Photography, and Sherron Sheppard have been the most influential.  It would take more time than I've allocated today to list all of the amazing things I've learned from these women, but first and foremost is that there is an amazing art to photography.  I will never wield a stylus as well as I do a brush, BUT, the computer is a fantastic tool to use as a new way of seeing.  

Yesterday after spending some time in Christine Leong's studio I was envisioning painted silk fabric as the canvas for a modification of one of my sunflower paintings.  I have no idea if this will ever be manifested in the world, but play like this is what often opens up new design ideas.  Rhythm and pattern are the elements I've focused on developing in today's virtual painting.  I'm so glad this month long journey is giving me permission to play every day with this.  Getting my head around a new design using a different tool is a great way to break through new creative layers!

Funny, in looking at the thumbnail above I see a fantasy sunflower person!

Here's a link to Leslie Saeta's blog to see more about the Challenge:  Sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment