Friday, April 1, 2011

Elizabeth Taylor

"I never back away... I relish life."

I read the People Magazine article on Elizabeth Taylor today while I got my hair done.  I copied the last page from the article above because of the fantastic quote.  I stole it with my iphone strategically placed on my lap above the magazine while my hair and eyebrows regained their youthful color.

I admire her gusto and passion for life.  I smiled when I read she was brought in to her funeral 15 minutes after the scheduled start so she could be late ... to her own funeral.

Breaking out of having a sense of limitation in my own life I look to women and men who live large.  They face life head on and keep moving forward. Knowing who you are and being true to that makes for a life worth living.

It takes courage to be true to who you are but when you do your life is magnificent. I'm impressed.  Cheers to the last of the great Hollywood stars!


http://coverawards.com/2011/03/30/people-magazines-farewell-to-elizabeth-taylor/

4 comments:

  1. Mary-Gail -
    PEOPLE magazine is my secret vice. I SUBSCRIBE and my family hounds me relentlessly about this sordid love-affair.....I too saw the glorious photos of Elizabeth Taylor and found that final page put a giant exclamation point to her life fully lived. BRAVA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did think of you when I posted this one. I remember your confession from years ago:) No confessions as to when. I have to be careful of what I post here. I love my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think thats grand that she was brought in late for her own funeral, I never knew that. And I love your "about me" section. Makes me want to go back and re-write everything on my blog, lol. Great stuff-keep it going :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I love it when someone I don't know reads and comments on my blog. As I've said before, it feels good to know someone is listening. If you like the writing style I used I say run with it. Being creative means being inspired by the world and people around you. Whatever you say will have insights unique to you. Just a hint...people love to hear about ordinary things said with a twist. And life is always stranger than fiction. Just change the names to protect the innocent!

    ReplyDelete