Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A working artist/ Studio Channel Islands Art Center

Today's "sitting area"
Anyone who has read this blog knows just how much I love what I do.  I'm one of those fortunate people who has a job that doesn't feel like work. (Well, it does actually, but I love it too much to care.)  I have long hours and cyclical business cycles.  But...I get to paint, teach, connect with people, and work in a place that is pretty perfect for me. The campus where I work http://studiochannelislandsartcenter.org has forty professional artists who work in various media.  

Working/ Class area


I can take a break and visit the worldwide rep for the Ansel Adams Gallery, a potter who exhibits with LACMA, nationally known weavers and other exceptional California artists.  Today I got an art history lesson from one of our board members who took the time to bring in his first editions of books by Paul Klee.   Basically it's a vibrant, working campus where true professionals are plying their trade; an amazing place for inspiration and a pursuit of excellence in the creative field of fine art. Come visit if you're in the area!





2 comments:

  1. Your studio is looking good! You have made it very adaptable in that you can transition your class/sitting area from a contemplative to an active space, depending on your need. Inspirational...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Gail..

    I love it that you love your job!!!

    The studio is terrific. Looking forward to seeing you very soon!!!

    ReplyDelete