Sunday, July 10, 2011

Did you ever?


I've been in Seattle since early last week.  Have you ever had so many experiences that seemed worthy of sharing that they just piled up and became a mountain?  Well, that or just the lush experience of experiencing life.  Well that's what I did this week.

I came up "on the house" as a celebration of selling my former home.  I also wanted to see my daughter and get an idea of some of the opportunities in the arts in Seattle.  In the process I got to visit with some cousins from Florida and a Ventura County art friend who now live here.  They showed me some of the sometimes overlooked sights I'd have missed without their guidance.  I never did find the Daniel Smith art supplies headquarters but I learned a lot about the public transportation system in Seattle.  I also wandered around the port area (looking for Daniel) and learned something about the big imports here (lots of raw materials from Alaska.) That one is hard to explain and let me say I was glad to have my tennis shoes!  This is one of the few sketches I was able to finish while visiting Seattle.  I was pretty busy.
just getting around on my own.

It's easier to get lost in painting when you have seeing eye people around!  I never did get to sketch the classic entry to Pike Place Market but I can do that later.  This was done from an observation deck near the end of the Market looking up towards downtown.






Tacoma Museum of Glass


Chihuly Glass detail from the Glass Bridge in Tacoma

Me and Gig Harbor artist Donna Carver

Jack

Erin

White Cousins  (That's the literal family name not a reference to the skin tone!)
                             



New trend in the making...A lanyard with a lifeguard whistle to loop into your hair.  Very cool.  I always feel safe with Laura.  She keeps a Red Cross mask on her keychain to admin mouth  to mouth as well.
To simplify I'll just share some pictures...Enjoy.

2 comments: