Friday, August 5, 2011

Much Ado About Something

Working consistent, long hours with attention focused on the important things to build a business is getting me somewhere.  I have a long way to go and a lot to learn but I'm seeing a payoff.  I moved into Studio Channel Islands Art Center on August 1st of last year.  It's been a year of study, learning and growth.  I've enjoyed teaching, painting and sharing my art.  I've also managed to keep it afloat...That's not bad for a first year!

I've especially enjoyed working with my colleagues from The Ojai Group and Debbie Fox on the show, Pink Moments, that is currently on exhibit at Fox Fine Jewelry.  The Ojai Group at Fox Fine Jewelry
Beatrice Wood
There's been a new event that has come up related to the show.  On September 11 and 12 Ventura will have an art event called Paint Ventura.  Even better, Debbie has made arrangements with the Santa Monica Museum of Art to loan some two dimensional work by artist Beatrice Wood.  That is a Big Deal.  It will go on my resume and be marked in my memory as a milestone in my career.

By being in the right place at the right time and working in collaboration with an amazing group of women, I will hang across an exhibit space from this 20th Century legend.  (She won't be there, of course, except in spirit...)

http://www.beatricewood.com/biography.html

I'm also featured in the latest Society 805 Magazine representing The Thousand Oaks Art Association.  I need to come back to this posting the next time I get discouraged and realize that, over time, hard work pays off.  Now that is something!

Scroll down to see the small profile Society 805 did on me:)

1 comment: