Friday, August 12, 2011

When one thing ends...

Sunset from Home
Well, today is the last day of  SCIART Art Camp.  It's been a fantastic month and we have our final reception and exhibit tonight from 4-6.  It will be fun to see the parents and children enjoy the fruits of their labors!  I'm certainly very proud of everyone.  We've all done an amazing job.

I have a LOT of other work to catch up on. The biggest thing I have to do is to get some commissions finished and prep for my fall classes.  Of course I have ongoing shows and SCIART events I'll keep posting here as well.

The biggest thing I have coming up is a workshop on Yupo next Saturday!  I've purchased some transparent paper which will be fun to play with.  I love the look of layered images so this will be very interesting.  Painting on the paper and hanging it with lights behind it is one of the first ideas that comes to mind...  The transparency of watercolor will be gorgeous with yet another layer for the light to go through.

I am keeping the workshop small but have room for a few more artists.  Children over 10 are welcome with an adult.  Child's rates are 1/2 of the adult prices.  Here's the registration form.



Working with Yupo  Mary-Gail King
August 20 from 9-2 at Studio Channel Islands Art Center
2222 Ventura Boulevard, Camarillo, CA 93010
Join me in exploring an alternative to traditional watercolor using Yupo. Yupo is an innovative paper that is made of plastic. My focus is on design as I explore surface texture and color.  I will share some of the techniques I use to make this very spontaneous a material both easy and fun. I'll start with a demo and then we'll all dive in.  Best of all it's a great tool to loosen up the most structured of artists!  It's just plain fun.
Materials list available at registration.  Fee is $95.
_______________________________________
Contact me at:  805.217.9539 or mgking@mac.com.
p
Register today to reserve your spot. $95 includes lunch and some materials
Name:________________________
Email:________________________
Phone:_______________________
Payment method:_______________Cash, check, MC/Visa (extra 5% for credit)

No comments:

Post a Comment