Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Breathing Room

Point Magu, High Tide                         10x10 oil, available
I stand for hours at the easel watching patterns of light and shadow dance across the waves. 
Here the spray from the ocean cooled my face and I still taste its salt on my lips... I perched on the lowest ledge I could reach and lost myself in a dream.  I can still take myself back to this place. 

While I paint, the tide turns and the light shifts. My feet connect with the earth and I respond to what I see and feel. I dance across the canvas with my brush.  The energy of the waves and the earth pass all the way through me.  My whole body moves back and forth as we connect.  Each stroke is part of me, the ocean,  and my beloved tools.  There is a dynamic cycle of energy that only happens if I'm here. The  energy passes through me, onto the canvas and out again.  I become the witness to this moment in time-space.  There is no greater privilege than to be a part of creation.  I am grateful.


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful well-felt and written post... And I love your painting as well!! Gorgeous, MG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I really miss painting with everyone! I have a couple of business goals to meet and I'll treat myself to going back!

    ReplyDelete