Sunday, June 23, 2013

SOS...I Need Help Moving



I'm going to do something that goes against my nature and ask for help.  I'm moving July 3rd and I need help packing and getting my things to the new place. 

I'll have a packing party on Friday, June 28th.  Tuesday, July 3 I'll need help transporting small items and clothing and supervising the loading/ unloading of the moving truck I've hired. I also have some men to do the heavy lifting so everyone's back is safe!  On the 4th or 5th, I'll need help cleaning the old place.  Please let me know if you can come.


This brings back memories of moving into this apartment almost two and a half years ago. When I was preparing to leave the old place it was sorting through my cookie cutters that made me lose it.  I told myself I would be ruthless and get rid of everything that wasn't practical or REALLY important.  

These didn't seem to make the cut.   I put about 2/3's of them to the side to give away. Who needs that many cookie cutters? It ripped me apart.  It's the little things, isn't it?

I still get a catch in my throat when I picture Andy in his grownup body holding the grocery bag of cookie cutters up and pointing out just how ridiculous it was to think I had to give those away.  He'd certainly held them many times before in his little boy body. 

"Mom," shaking the bag, "this hardly takes up any room!  You don't have to make this decision right now!"  

He made me laugh when I saw how ridiculous that self imposed rule was.  I thought I was just being practical.  I hadn't used many of them in years and only kept the special ones I'd use someday with grandchildren or for doggie showers.  There was one shaped like a bone and another like a little paw. (I kept ALL of the cookie cutters.)

 Life is so much better now!  I've learned to be more grateful and more positive about my life.  I am a fortunate woman.

So this is the beginning of yet another era.  Please contact me directly if you can help me take the first steps in that direction by helping me move some boxes!   I really need help and appreciate whatever you can do.  In the meantime, just mental support and general encouragement with do the trick.  Thank you!  xo  mgking@mac.com







No comments:

Post a Comment