Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Reaching out

I am amazed at the power of blogging.  I've enjoyed wonderful feedback on my art, shared some frustrations and successes and generally had fun telling you a little bit about my life.  I still love the fact that the majority of my registered followers are redheads.  I'm not even related to all of them! I welcome people of all hair colors and especially welcome the more "un-natural" looks.  I have red, blonde, brunette, bald and grey.

Now for a fun fact.  I've reached people all over the world with this blog.  Crazy.  Here's a map showing the countries where people have viewed the blog.  (scroll down for more)



United States
324
Netherlands
3
Slovenia
3
Canada
1
Germany
1
Hungary
1
Russia
1
Sweden
1
Ukraine
1

Amazing isn't it?  I'd love to reach people in even more countries just for the fun of it.  If you'd like to take part in my campaign just copy  http://marygailking.blogspot.com into an email and send it to anyone from another country you think would enjoy it.  I'll keep you posted!  

www.youtube.com

This is a video that was just posted on my facebook newsfeed.  I think this speaks to what I'm trying to do. It's all about connection and self-expression.  I love this guy.  I think this is what joy looks like.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blogging world IS amazing isn't it???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stats on new countries as of 2/2/11:

    Latvia 18
    United Kingdom 1
    Malaysia 1

    A special welcome is due to my Latvian connection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8 people from South Africa! Welcome to the Southern Hemisphere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With two visitors from Uruguay I now have viewers from North and South America, Europe, Africa and Asia. I'd love to have someone from Australia! Laura, can you help? :) Antarctica may be difficult...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just hit over 1000 page views. Seems like it took a while but I'm impressed. It's always good to know someone's paying attention:) I have readers from most of the Northern Hemisphere with the largest exceptions being China and Mexico. I'm still looking for Australia or New Zealand so I can hit every continent. It's interesting that most readers are in the Northern Hemisphere...I just think it's cool that I can track that. Just to reassure you, I can't track individuals. Your privacy is very important!

    ReplyDelete